of Engineering and Technology
Course: ENGR 2150 Introduction to Electrical Engineering / Engineering Physics
ENGR 2151 Introduction to Electrical Engineering / Engineering Physics II
Semester: Spring 2014
Lecture: Room: 6204
Recitation: Room: 6204
Laboratory: Introduction to Engineering and Technology, Room: 2151
B. Panoutsopoulos, Ph.D.
Office: Room 2210
Office Hours: M. 12:00-1:00, T. 11:00-12:00, W. 4:00-5:00, T. 11:00:12:00 and by appointment.
Electronic mail: BPanoutsopoulos@ccri.edu
e-mail must be sent with the subject: ENGR-2151-xxx; where xxx is the section number.)
Telephone: (401) 825-2456
web site: At the course site.
2150 - Introduction to Electrical Engineering (Engineering Physics II) (3
basic course in electrical engineering includes a study of static, electric and
magnetic fields, Coulomb’s law, capacitance and inductance, Gauss’ Law,
Ampere’s Law, electrical current and voltage.
MATH 1910 and PHYS 1100 or equivalent) Lecture: 3 hours
Hugh D. Young, Roger A. Freedman, A. Lewis Ford. University Physics with Modern Physics.
13th edition. Addison-Wesley. ISBN 0321696867
Hugh D. Young, Roger A. Freedman, A. Lewis Ford. University Physics with Modern Physics. Volume 2. 13th Edition. Addison-Wesley. ISBN 978-0-321-50076-2
(Not required) Mastering Physics Student Access Kit, Addison-Wesley,. ISBN-978-0-321-50028-1.
This kit normally comes with a new textbook.
Access to http://www.masteringphysics.com/ logon as student
Journal: Students must purchase a bound notebook to be set up and used as an
Engineering Journal. Details will be given for the journal set up.
Flash memory: Student must purchase a USB Flash memory device (Jump-Drive)
and bring it to all classes.
Suite: The student must have access to an Office suite outside of class.
- Douglas C. Giancoli. Physics: Principles with Applications. 7th Edition. Addison-Wesley. 2013.
- Raymond A. Serway, John W. Jewett Physics for Scientists and Engineers. Cengage Learning; 9th edition. 2013.
- Randall D. Knight. Physics for Scientists and Engineers: A Strategic Approach with Modern Physics. 3rd Edition. Addison-Wesley. 2012.
- Hans C. Ohanian, John T. Markert. Physics for Engineers and Scientists. 3rd Edition. Norton, W. W. & Company, Inc. 2008.
- David Halliday, Robert Resnick and Jearl Walker. Fundamentals of Physics. 10th edition. Wiley. 2013.
- Ruth W. Chabay, Bruce A. Sherwood. Matter and Interactions. 3rd edition. Wiley. 2010.
Additional Resources (On-line courses
- Carnegie-Mellon University